Thursday, February 05, 2004

Virgin on the Blog

Not to be mixed up with the word 'blob', which is a rather horrible sounding 'euphemism' for a lady's time o'the month, this is my first 'blog' - a sort of online diary, whose name derives from the term, 'web log'. See? Interesting piece of trivia for you. If you're wondering where my blog gets its title from, another tit-bit from the department of trivia, there's a cool song called 'Holding On To You' by the Artist Formely Known As Wanker, Terence Trent D'Arby with the lyric, "Goodbye Picasso, Hello Dali/Dolly." I think the song is about leaving one relationship for a very different girl, symbolised by a move from the East Coast of America to the West. Its an idea I'm fond of (and I think Picasso is pretty good too), and I guess I see myself as a sort of wandering 80s musician, rambling the frontier, in and out of relationships. Bohemian? No. Pretentious? Moi?

Anyway, why a blog? Why now? Well, technical difficulties and a 'wardrobe malfunction' brought down the old and oft-praised, sansharma.com indefinitely, so to cater to demand and with minimal fuss I set up this free Tripod thingymeblog.

I mentioned that I was in and out of relationships. That's not strictly true. I've been in two for the last four and a bit years. Not simultaneously, of course, but I'm just out of one now. So I hope not to offend my recent ex, or the pre-'99 girls (the stripper, the lesbian), by sharing too much. Amanda and I recently broke up and if she's reading this I hope she's doing okay. Even if she's not reading this, I wish her the best. And all of you for reading all the way to the end of this entry! Well done. ;-) Feel free to leave comments or browse the links to the left. Sign the petitions as your good deed of the day. You can't count it towards your five items of fruit or vegetables though.

2 comments:

San Sharma said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

"blob..lady..tit..wanker..girl..wardrobe malfunction..broke"

Finally. You've found the most faithful expression of your soul.


;)

Beth