Tuesday, February 10, 2004

Stockard Channing and other funny things

Man, I've got to write this blog 'live'. Like, strap it to my head or something. I always think to note the funny things that happen in my day. I've just logged on to get this down after talking to Beth, who oddly knows the ages of B-list celebrities off the top of her head. "Stockard Channing," she pauses, "59."

What are the other things...oh yeah. Walking to class the other day, I was thinking of a friend of ours, AJ's online journal. I say to Beth, "AJ's blog is so much better than mine." I had read in his a description of walking through Harvard, snow falling on the Quad. "It really inspired me to start a blog," I said thoughtfully. "Hmm..." Beth said "It really inspired me to go to Harvard."

There are more funny stories, I'm sure, but until I remember them or find a way to strap this blog to "my head or something", I'll leave you with a New York Times article about, amongst other things, gay penguins: Love That Dare Not Squeak Its Name. Sticking to the penguin theme, try this Shockwave game.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Quite a touching mention! But I must make it clear that the English wit, self-deprecation, poignancy, and sheer interestingness that permeates your new blog represents the apex of good blog-writing, a level to which my journal only aspires and of which, alas, it falls miserably short.

Anyway, sorry to hear about Amanda; I, too, am recently single (as of this week!) and man it turns unexpected parts of your world upside-down.

Also liked your Sylvia Plath story. "Gold" has many strong moments for me as well.

Looking forward to new blog entries! Will reload page many times per day in anticipation.

AJ