Monday, May 02, 2005

Sounds Like...

I'm sure, blog readers, that you've noticed a decline in quality since my editor-in-chief, Beth, up and left me, her post, and the long arm of the law, for a future of fugitivity in the US.

My most recent post, short of upsetting the friends, family and colleagues to whom I have recently returned, elicited a phone call from the Beth and some suggestions on my writing style.

"Before you post an entry," she began. "Just think, 'does this make me sound like a complete wanker?'"

And so with Beth's simple yet effective test in mind I hope you'll notice an improvement of sorts. Or at least a blogger, sounding less like a wanker.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dont worry about it San, I liked the last post, (not the sad funeral song, obviously)

Anonymous said...

doesn't look like we're going to get many posts in the near future then does it?

Pete

p.s. i hope you noticed i havent taken your advice on the anonymous thing - i hope it still really annoys you.

San Sharma said...

I'm going to just briefly bypass the "wanker rule" and say, you're a little shit, Pete.

Have fun at the gig tomorrow night. Sorry your fifth choice is otherwise engaged.

Anonymous said...

I disagree with Beth- I'll stop reading if you don't sound like a wanker...

San Sharma said...

Liz, for you, I'm the biggest wanker in world.

Anonymous said...

Firstly, you were my fourth choice and always the first choice in my heart! Secondly, mentioning the fact that you have made sansharma.com T-shirts is not the best way to avoid sounding like a wanker (although i would like one!)

San Sharma said...

"sansharma.com/wanker" t-shirt is in the post.