Thursday, April 28, 2005

Postcard from grey skies

What was I thinking? After a seven hour flight with the shutters down and only English people to see I'm eating my words and paltry English food. In my last post I waxed lyrical about England and its people and about seeing them differently and can only deduce that between catching all those trains, planes and Greyhound buses, I caught the great American love bug - the Oprahtics, the bloody heart sleeves, and now, back in England, I'm filled with grey skies, faces and frowns. I've seen the English people, from the airport to the train station, paraded before me like a grotesque theatre of the macabre and will have to look much harder to the find the beauty between the beasts. Hello dire customer service, hello England.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beat that post-holiday slump with a visit to the beautiful English Riveria.
Better known as the slightly water-logged West Country.
Must meet up soon San.
Speak to you soon,
Sarah Fry xx