Monday, April 07, 2008

The Bitch Is Back


I entertain by picking brains
Sell my soul by dropping names
I don't like those, my god, what's that?
Oh, it's full of nasty habits when the bitch gets back


'The Bitch Is Back', Elton John




I'm back on the blogosphere, guys, riding it all the way to your web browser, like an excited child on a space hopper. And what better way to return - out of breath - than with an Elton John lyric. (That should put to bed those 'gay' rumours.) Expect more brain-picking, name-dropping, gender-bending nastiness soon.


 


If, like Elton John suggests, there are bad habits, one might be going AWOL. I do apologise for that. And now that I'm back from my little sabbatical, let me explain.


I've been going through a period of change. Yes readers, puberty has hit me like a tonne of hairy bricks. Not only that, but after three years of working as Creative Director of Redbrick Enterprises Ltd., and on it's flagship product, Enterprise Nation, I've left to go freelance. The decision came about after a series of escalating threats led to my departure.


"Right," I said. "I'm going to leave!"
"Leave then," said managing director, Emma Jones.
"Okay, I'm leaving."
"Go!"
"I'm going." This went on for some time.
"On the count of three," I think I might have said. "1... 2... 2 and a half... 2 and three quarters..." Until, all of a sudden, I'd gone!


I'm still doing some work for Enterprise Nation - and everything's fine! - but I'm designing, writing and presenting for other companies too. You should expect this blog to change somewhat as well. Its focus is going to shift to pop culture, technology and business. But don't be surprised to find sprinklings of the old personal stuff. Inappropriate stuff, if anything.


Old habits, as they say, die hard. Nasty habits reincarnate.


So, welcome back to my blog, if you've been here before. If it's your first time, subscribe to my RSS feed, so you don't miss my updates, which I'm going to try and make more often. In the meantime, enjoy this video from the original "bitch". It's Elton John, with a pole-dancing Pamela Anderson, and a performance that I think really captures the essence of this blog: the roaring crowd, the sex appeal, the fat guy at the keyboard...


The Bitch Is Back, Elton John

No comments: